In short: This online tool scrapes comments from public Instagram posts. Click and have a look at this example output data file to see what kind of data the bot returns.
How to scrape Instagram comments?
- Sign up on Botster
- Open the bot's start page
- Paste in the link to an Instagram post (e.g. https://www.instagram.com/p/B9FaGYtgLUq/)
- Press the "Start Bot" button
That's it. The bot will start working and will return the comments as a spreadsheet once it's done scraping. You can set up the bot to send you a notification via Email, Slack, Telegram, or a JSON post request.
The bot will retrieve the following information:
- Commenter username
- Commenter avatar URL
- Commenter ID
- Comment posted date ("2021-08-06 16:26:22")
- Comment posted date humanized ("3 minutes ago")
The bot returns "blank output" – what's wrong?
This bot needs constant maintenance, which is why it may break from time to time. If you see the "blank output" error, it means there are changes that need to be implemented, which normally takes me a day or so.
After the bot finishes the work, you can view the data online or download it as an Excel, JSON, or a CSV file.