In short: This online tool will export tweets of a publicly open Twitter account using the official API.
Click to view an example output file.
Tweet scraping video tutorial
Watch the video demo:
Why retrieve tweets from Twitter
Our fast and simple Twitter tweet scraper can be used for multiple business-related purposes, such as:
- Improving your social media strategy
- Analyzing your competition’s social media
- Analyzing the interests of your target audience
- Monitoring current trends
- And many more!
The tweet extractor can easily grab the following details:
- Username (e.g. Elon Musk)
- User handle (e.g. @elonmusk)
- Posting date
- Retweet count
- Like count
How to scrape tweets from Twitter
- Sign up on Botster
- Go to the bot's start page
- Select the number of tweets to scrape (10 to 1000)
- Choose whether you would like to skip retweets and/or replies
- Tune the filters: select the acceptable range of likes and retweets
- Paste a Twitter profile link (e.g.: https://twitter.com/elonmusk)
- Click the “Start this bot” button
That's it – the bot has started web scraping tweets from Twitter!
The current maximum number of tweets that we can export is limited to 1000.
If you need to export all tweets from a user that has over 1000 tweets, the bot will retrieve the most recent records.
1. Open the Launch bot form.
Click on the "Start bot" button on the right-hand side of this page to open the spider's form:
2. Enter the details.
Give your "Job" a meaningful title, and optionally specify (or create) a project folder:
3. Set the limit.
Specify how many tweets you would like the tweet scraper to retrieve:
4. Tune in the skipping filters.
Tick these checkboxes if you would like to skip retweets and/or replies:
5. Tune in tweet settings.
You can set the bot to:
- Extract all tweets from a user
- Extract the tweets that have a certain number of likes
- Extract the tweets that have a certain number of retweets
6. Copy the Twitter account URL.
Open the Twitter account that you would like to scrape Twitter tweets from and copy its URL:
7. Paste the Twitter account URL.
Go back to the bot’s start page and enter the Twitter profile URL into a special field:
8. Set up notifications.
Specify if you would like to receive a notification when the tweet extractor completes the crawl:
9. Start the bot!
Click the "Start this bot" button on the right-hand side:
That's it! You will be taken to your "Jobs" section. The tweet scraping software is now working and will notify you once it's done.
Once the tweet extractor completes the job, you can view your data online or export and download it as an Excel, CSV or JSON file