In short: This bot extracts a list of places with info such as contact details from Google Maps based on your search query.
Click to view an example output data file.
How to scrape Google Maps search results: video tutorial
Watch me demonstrate how to scrape Google Places in this video:
How to scrape data from Google Maps?
- Sign up for Botster
- Go to the bot's start page
- Input your search query (e.g. "Restaurants in Los Angeles downtown")
- Click the "Start this bot" button
That's it! Your results will be available after a few minutes.
The bot will return the following data:
- Google Maps URL
- Rating count
- Category (bar, nightclub, etc.)
- Plus code (e.g. "QHRW+6F Financial District, San Francisco, CA")
- Phone number
- Rank on maps
- Working hours (Monday through Sunday)
- Place ID
1. Open the Launch bot form
Click on the "Start bot" button on the right-hand side of this page to open the spider's form:
2. Enter the details
Give your "Job" a meaningful title, and optionally specify (or create) a project folder:
3. Enter your keywords.
Each query must go on a new line.
4. Specify how many places you would like to extract into the table.
5. Set up notifications
Specify if you would like to receive a notification when the Google Places Scraper software completes the crawl:
6. Start the bot!
Click the "Start this bot" button on the right-hand side:
That's it! You will be taken to your "Jobs" section. The software is now scraping Google Places and will notify you once it's done.
You can either view your data online or download it as a CSV, Excel or JSON file.