Effective date: July 15, 2019
BOTSTER.io ("us", "we", or "our") operates the https://botster.io website (hereinafter referred to as the "Service").
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
Service is the https://botster.io website operated by botster.io
- Personal Data
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Controller
Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed.
- Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User)
Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service. You can read how we use your session data (using our official Google Chrome Extension) from third-party websites here.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- For Mozilla firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/activer-desactiver-cookies?redirectlocale=fr&redirectslug=Activer+et+d%C3%A9sactiver+les+cookies;
- For Microsoft Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies;
- For Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=fr&hlrm=en;
- For Safari: http://www.apple.com/support/?path=Safari/3.0/fr/9277.html;
- For Edge™: https://support.microsoft.com/fr-fr/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies;
- For Google (AdWords Remarketing): https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads/authenticated?hl=en;
- For Google (Google Analytics): https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Use of Data
botster.io uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
botster.io may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
botster.io will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Russian Federation and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Russian Federation and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
botster.io may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of botster.io
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. botster.io aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where botster.io relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Social Platforms Terms of Service
If you rely on YouTube data we provide, we use the YouTube API services to provide the data to you. By using this integration you also agree to the bound by YouTube's Terms of Service.
We use authorized data from YouTube, Google, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other platforms. Such data is collected and stored to power BOTSTER features. You can request your authorized data be deleted from BOTSTER by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
BOTSTER uses YouTube, Google, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other platform (“Social Platforms”) APIs to collect authorized data. You can learn more about each respective Social Platform’s terms of service and privacy policies via the links below:
Social Platforms Terms of Service:
- Google: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/terms/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/t/terms
- YouTube API Client: https://developers.google.com/youtube/terms/api-services-terms-of-service
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms
- Instagram: https://help.instagram.com/478745558852511
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/en/tos
Social Platforms Privacy Policies:
- Google & YouTube: http://www.google.com/policies/privacy
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
- Instagram: https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/en/privacy
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Use of Marks
By using our services you grant BOTSTER the right to use your name, logo, and a description of your use case to refer to you on our website, marketing or promotional materials, subject to your standard trademark usage guidelines that you provide to us from time-to-time.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
The Site is not available to (a) any natural persons under the age of 18, (b) any Users previously suspended or removed from the Site by botster.io and (c) any person whose registration of an Account or use of the Site or Services constitutes a violation of any applicable laws and regulations. By registering an Account or otherwise using the Site or the Services, you represent that (a) you are at least 18 years of age; (b) you have not been previously suspended or removed from the Site by botster.io; and (c) you are in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
If you are a User and are under the age of 18 (Child User), you may not register an Account or otherwise use the Site or the Services without the consent and approval of your legal parent or guardian, as applicable (Parent). A Child User that begins the registration process for himself/herself without his/her Parent present may have the registration process restricted until botster.io is satisfied that his/her Parent has approved or assumed responsibility for the Child User’s Account. Additionally, a Child User may use the Site or the Services if registered through an educational organisation, where botster.io is satisfied the Parent of such Child User has consented to such Child User’s use of the Site or the Services. A Child User that has registered an Account (whether through such external educational organisations or otherwise) will only be permitted to use the Site and/or the Services for so long as botster.io is satisfied that such use has been consented to by the Child User’s Parent.
If you are a person who is the Parent (or is claiming to be the Parent) of a child that seeks to register as a Child User of the Site, you hereby represent and warrant that you are such Child User’s legal parent or guardian and you agree to be bound by these Terms (and any other applicable Policies) on behalf of such Child User, including without limitation being liable for all use of the Site or the Services by the Child User. You acknowledge that botster.io may choose, but is not obligated, to make any inquiries, either directly or through third parties, that botster.io deems necessary to validate your registration information, including without limitation engaging third parties to provide verification services. botster.io reserves all rights to take legal actions against anyone who misrepresents personal information or is otherwise untruthful about their identity.
Using our contact form: https://botster.io/contact