In short: This online tool scrapes reviews from places on Google Maps and provides them as a downloadable CSV, Excel or JSON file.
Have a look at this example output file for a better understanding of what the bot does.
To extract reviews for a particular place you will need to provide one of the following:
Find examples in the description below.
Watch a detailed video walkthrough of extracting reviews from Google Maps.
How to scrape Google reviews?
A fast and simple review extracting software, this bot can be used for multiple purposes.
You can easily grab the following details:
- Review author name
- Review author URL
- Profile photo URL
- Review text
- Time published
How to export Google reviews?
- Sign up on Botster
- Go to the bot's start page
- Select your location
- Specify how many reviews you would like to scrape
- Enter the keywords, place_id or cid. Each query must go on a new line.
- Click the "Start this bot" button.
That's it – the review extraction process has started!
It’s best to use CID or place_id for extracting reviews, because keywords may sometimes return zero results.
Extracting hotel reviews from Google
This bot does not extract hotel reviews from Google Maps. We are currently working on a solution. But it does extract restaurant reviews.
1. Open the Launch bot form
Click on the "Start bot" button on the right-hand side of this page to open the spider's form:
2. Enter the details
Give your "Job" a meaningful title, and optionally specify (or create) a project folder:
3. Select your location.
4. Specify how many reviews you need to scrape.
5. Enter your queries. Each query must go on a new line.
You can enter 3 types of queries during the same session:
- Keywords. These are normal text queries like ‘dentist’.
- CID (⚠️ format: cid:12345678 ⚠️). To learn how you can find out the CID, check this article.
- place_id (⚠️ format: place_id:12345678 ⚠️). You can find out a company’s place_id using this Google tool. Remember that the place_id can change with the time, meaning that you’ll need to recheck it.
To provide you with the full list of reviews, Google Maps prefers CID and place_id parameters rather than keywords.
6. Set up notifications.
Specify if you would like to receive a notification when the grabber completes the crawl:
7. Start the bot!
Click "Start bot" button on the right-hand side:
That's it! You will be taken to your "Jobs" section. The software is now working and will notify you once it's done.
After the bot completes the job you can download your data as an Excel (XLSX), CSV or JSON file.