In short: This online tool will extract sitemap URLs, their response codes and response statuses into a spreadsheet.
Click to view the example results file for a better idea of the output.
Sitemap URL extractor video tutorial
Watch me show the bot in action in this video tutorial (the video demonstrates an older bot version but the launching algorithm is the same):
Why use the website XML sitemap checker
This fast and simple bot can be used for multiple business-related purposes, such as:
- Checking your website’s sitemap for validity
- Checking the sitemap for broken links
- Seamless migration of a website to a new server or platform
- Detecting unwanted redirects and errors
- Improving your site’s indexation on search engines
- Improving your site’s SEO performance
- And many more!
The website sitemap crawler tool can easily grab the following details:
- Input URL
- Sitemap URL
- Response code
- Response status
How to check the sitemap of a website
- Sign up on Botster
- Go to the bot's start page
- Enter the sitemap URL
- Set the crawl rate
- Specify the user agent
- Set the number of URLs to scrape
- Click the "Start this bot" button
That's it – the XML sitemap check is now in progress!
1. Open the Launch bot form.
Click on the "Start bot" button on the right-hand side of this page to open the spider's form:
2. Enter the details.
Give your "Job" a meaningful title, and optionally specify (or create) a project folder:
3. Enter the sitemap URL.
4. Set the crawl rate.
The crawl rate is the maximum number of requests per second (1-10) that the XML sitemap extractor will make.
5. Specify the user agent.
Leave the default user agent (BotsterCrawler/1.0) or enter yours.
6. Specify the number of URLs to export.
7. Set up notifications.
Specify if you would like to receive a notification when the sitemap XML checker completes the crawl:
8. Start the bot!
Click the "Start this bot" button on the right-hand side:
That's it! You will be taken to your "Jobs" section. The SEO sitemap checker online is now working and will notify you once it's done.
After the HTML sitemap checker tool completes the job you can download your data as an Excel (XLSX), CSV or JSON file.